Lately we have been getting asked more and more about communicating with Physicians via the Intranet. Keeping Physicians up to date with information and also on current initiatives at the hospital through effective communication can lead to increased satisfaction and ultimately increased revenues. Many of our existing customers are doing a great job of this with our system so I thought I would take a few minutes and share ideas on ways you can use the HospitalPortal.net system to keep in touch with your Physicians.
Start by setting up a secure page on the Intranet for your Physicians as a centralized place to communicate. Share this with them at your next meeting and let them know about how it will be used. Be sure to ask for their input and create a feedback form on the Intranet and link it to their page. If you don’t already have it, consider our Login Manager to provide secure remote access to the page for your Physicians so they can access content from their homes and offices.
Below are some ideas of content you might see on the Physicians page:
- News & Announcements
- Meeting\Event Calendars
- Meeting Minutes
- Committee Member Listings w/ photos
- Quality Data Reports/Dashboards
- Clinical Reports from your EMR
- Forums for sharing ideas and feedback on topics
- Physician Roster
- Key Contacts
- Policies & Procedures
- CME Courses and Calendars
- Links to other systems like an EMR, UpToDate, Paging System, PressGaney, etc.
- Pharmacy Formulary
- On Call Schedules
- Medical Staff Department contacts
- HCAHPS Scores
- Newsletters and other publications
- System user guides and manuals
- Patient Education
- Clinical Resources/Research
As you can see there are a ton of great resources to make available to your Physicians. Did we miss something that you are doing on the Intranet for your Physicians? Please comment on this post and share your ideas, questions, and feedback with the community.